Pages

Tuesday 15 January 2013

RICCI RUCKER - Fuga (2005, Alphapup Records)




Some liner notes from the man himself... 

"The process I decided to use was a combination of live playing, programming, and scratching. The way I originally composed the music was from sampling bits and pieces from random records and making the skeleton to the whole album. I then took my compositions to the live musicians to play the main chords and melodies of my pre-recorded songs, and had them improvise even more. Percussion and drums were added live, then arranged. This left me with an interpretation of my original song, and a lot more material to play with. After I had all of the sounds recorded (using vintage recording equipment, thanks Jim), I pressed all of the sounds back to vinyl so they could be scratched, programmed, and arranged from the vinyl, hence the vinyl sound throughout the album. Fuga was the result. A hybrid jazz composition where I blur the lines between live, programmed, and scratch music. All playing styles coming together as one."



WATCH Youtube
LISTEN Spotify
BUY Amazon   
BUY Boomkat



No comments:

Post a Comment